Re: maintaining DRM and using bitkeeper..

From: David S. Miller
Date: Fri Aug 27 2004 - 19:12:07 EST

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 00:54:06 +0100 (IST)
Dave Airlie <airlied@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This is my main issue with using bitkeeper vs separate patches, if I check
> the macro conversion into bitkeeper as separate patches each removing a
> couple of inter-related macros (this is my intention... it is what I did
> in the DRM CVS tree) and I ask Linus to pull it from a tree, will it not
> look like one big patch (albeit in a number of changesets...)

No, this will look perfectly fine. This is exactly how things are
supposed to work.

When you ask for a pull, you can just concatenate the individual changesets
as patches, and it looks really nice. That is what I do when I send a pull
request to Marcelo or Linus.