From: Andries Brouwer
Date: Sun Aug 29 2004 - 09:01:53 EST

On Sat, Aug 28, 2004 at 12:46:10PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> > Now there is no attribute space, just a shorthand.
>
> It's more than a shorthand, though. _Much_ more.
> Both of those are why it would need special support.

Yes - support, I do not argue against that.
But I argue against an attribute space.

This xterm.icon was xterm.icons - with both large and small
icons. And these icons have copyrights. Etc. There is just
an arbitrary tree below this xterm filesystem object.
The files below are in no way different from the files above.

Unix says: everything is a file. Now we get: everything is
a directory. And some directories have a file attached.

Andries