Re: Termination of the Philips Webcam Driver (pwc)

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sun Aug 29 2004 - 13:11:11 EST

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004, Alan Cox wrote:

> He is not sole author. Large parts of the code are based on other
> authors work and simply copied from the standard framework. Please put
> back the version without the hooks. It is useful to all sorts of people
> in that form.

Are you willing to stand up for that and be the maintainer for it?

I'm disgusted by how many people have been complaining, yet when I ask
people to step up and actually _do_ something about it, people suddenly
become very quiet, or continue complaining about it ignoring the
fundamental issue.

Everybody (including you, Alan, so don't go hoity-toity on us) has
apparently totally ignored my calls for a new maintainer, and asking the
people involved who wrote parts of the driver for their input. I quote an
email from me: