Kernel module problem: no version for "struct_module" found

From: Lei Yang
Date: Mon Aug 30 2004 - 09:33:04 EST

Hi friends,

Have been working on a simple kernel module, I've made everything built with kbuild and insmod test.ko. Now it seems that the module has been installed, however, it doesn't seem to work correctly. I get this dmesg:

kernel: test: no version for "struct_module" found: kernel tainted.

Experts here - what is struct_module and how to make modules give proper version for it?

TIA