Re: VIA AGPGart problem

From: Dave Jones
Date: Tue Aug 31 2004 - 05:43:15 EST

On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 10:47:37AM +0200, Raphael Jacquot wrote:

> with agp enabled
> run Xorg with the via driver -> X dies after a couple of seconds
> run Xorg with frame buffer -> X dies after a minute or so
>
> with agp disabled
> run Xorg with the via driver -> X dies after a couple minutes

This line pretty much absolves agpgart of blame as far as I'm concerned.
I've tested agpgart on a lot of VIA chipsets quite heavily which means
I'm more inclined to believe you have a problem with the Xorg driver.

btw, unless you've patched in and enabled VIA DRI in your kernel,
agpgart shouldn't even be getting used.

Dave