Re: [patch] voluntary-preempt-2.6.9-rc1-bk4-Q4

From: K.R. Foley
Date: Tue Aug 31 2004 - 11:44:04 EST

Alan Cox wrote:
On Llu, 2004-08-30 at 01:47, K.R. Foley wrote:

Aug 29 09:32:50 daffy kernel: requesting new irq thread for IRQ1...
Aug 29 09:32:50 daffy kernel: atkbd.c: Spurious ACK on isa0060/serio1. Some program, like XFree86, might be trying access hardware directly.

This is a known bug in the ps/2 driver layer. The printk can be
triggered by multiple quite valid situations. I've suggested it be
removed several times. Also XFree86 is a trademark so it should be
XFree86(tm) ;)

Thanks for pointing this out. It would appear that I get this same messages when things are working properly, with the exception of getting "serio0" when it works vs. "serio1" when it doesn't.

The later ones are odd. It might be interesting to try turning off USB
legacy support in the BIOS, that may be causing real problems in your
case.

I didn't try this because Ingo's latest patch seems to have resolved it.

Alan

Thanks,

kr