Linux 2.6.8.1-ac1

From: Alan Cox
Date: Tue Aug 31 2004 - 12:15:29 EST

I've posted up a 2.6.8.1-ac1. This is mostly aimed at people wanting to try
the newer IDE stuff while I work on feeding it to Bartlomiej.

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/alan/2.6/linux-2.6/2.6.8.1/..

Change summary for Linux 2.6.8.1-ac1 versus 2.6.8.1

[ * = submitted to maintainer, + = submitted but needs more work ]

* Fix crash on boot or nonworking keyboard driver (Alan Cox)
with E750x based systems in SMP
* Fix timing violation in i8042 driver code (Alan Cox)
* Allow 3% slack for root in strict overcommit (Alan Cox)
* Add support for 16byte (GPRS) pcmcia serial cards (Alan Cox)
* Reformat buslogic ready for real fixing (indent)
* Support VLAN on 3c59x/3c90x hardware (Stefan de Konkink)
* Serial ATA reporting of ATA errors for real diagnostics (Alan Cox)
+ Fix IDE locking, /proc races and other uglies (Alan Cox)
+ Initial IT8212 IDE driver (Alan Cox)
+ IDE hotplug (controller level) (Alan Cox)
+ Fix IDE disk crash on bad geometry (Alan Cox)
+ Fix mishandling of pure LBA devices (Alan Cox)
+ Fix problems with non-decoded slaves (Alan Cox)
- Fix failure to handle large drives on ALi controllers (Alan Cox)
| Lost from 2.4-ac to 2.6.
- Initial code working at making jiffies removal easier (Alan Cox)