ANY GOOD KERNEL BOOK???

From: Servie Platon
Date: Tue Aug 31 2004 - 13:23:48 EST

Hi guys,

Is there a good book available out there on how to
compile a linux kernel successfully especially with
the 2.6.x versions?

We have compiled 2.4.x before in school which is fine.
But apparently, I am having a hard time with the newer
2.6.x versions with kernel panic error messages which
could not boot the newly compiled kernel. I have no
idea and experience on how to debug and analyze the
error messages created by the kernel.

I am afraid that this is due incorrect hardware
selections or other not needed features for the kernel
when I used menuconfig.

I have also tried the howto's and followed the
instructions carefully but still to no avail. Any
ideas and suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Sincerely,
Servie