Re: [patch] update email address of Pedro Roque Marques (fwd)

From: Adrian Bunk
Date: Tue Aug 31 2004 - 18:07:51 EST

On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 03:38:53PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> Adrian Bunk <bunk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > The patch below (already ACK'ed by Pedro Roque Marques) updates his
> > email address.
>
> Sigh. People move all the time. Methinks it would be better to just put
> your name into the .c files and force people to consult MAINTAINERS/CREDITS
> to find the email address.

I have no strong opinion on this issue.

All I dislike are email addresses that bounce when sending a Cc of a
patch.

But how do you plan to handle the email addresses in MODULE_AUTHOR?
Most people who see them don't have a MAINTAINERS/CREDITS on their
computer (the same is true for email addresses in printk's).

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.
Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed