Re: Time runs exactly three times too fast

From: Dave Jones
Date: Wed Sep 01 2004 - 08:17:28 EST

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 06:31:54PM +0200, Romain Moyne wrote:

> > > I don't.
> >
> > what about after modprobe powernow-k8 ?
> > (that should also print out some messages in dmesg)
>
> powernow-k8 is for athlon64, no ? I have just compiled in the kernel (not as a
> module) the option powernow-k7 (I have a Athlon XP-M).
> So, I can't do modprobe powernow-k7...

You have one of the 32bit models of the athlon64. (Basically a crippled athlon64)
(See proc/cpuinfo..)

cpu family : 15

I've not heard reports of whether powernow-k8 works or not on these cpu's,
but it should if the cpu reports the powernow capability bits.

My suspicion is that for some reason, your cpu is booting at a low speed.
Are there any powernow/power management settings in the BIOS that change
this ?

Dave