Re: NFS problem with 2.6.9-rc1-bk7

From: Trond Myklebust
Date: Wed Sep 01 2004 - 12:13:16 EST

På on , 01/09/2004 klokka 12:06, skreiv Harry Edmon:
> I have been trying newer versions of the kernel on a web/NFS server
> tofix memory problems that seem to be associated with NFS for all
> 2.6versions through 2.6.8.1-mm4. Andrew Morton suggested I try the
> latestsnapshot. With this version (2.6.9-rc1-bk7) I have the problem
> that NFSclients will spontaneously find themselves without permission
> to accessthe files on the server. When I type "exportfs -ar" on the
> server, theclients get better for awhile, and then fail. The message
> I see on theserver is:
>
> Sep 1 08:17:57 funnel rpc.mountd: getfh failed: Operation not
> permitted

Looks like that is more of a question for Neil Brown than for me.

That said 2.6 kernels require more recent versions of nfs-utils, and
require you to mount the "nfsd" pseudofilesystem on /proc/fs/nfsd or
/proc/fs/nfs (see the "exportfs" manpage). Have you checked that this is
indeed the case?

Cheers,
Trond