Re: [patch] voluntary-preempt-2.6.9-rc1-bk4-Q8

From: Lee Revell
Date: Thu Sep 02 2004 - 02:06:50 EST

On Thu, 2004-09-02 at 02:55, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> i've released the -Q8 patch:
>
> http://redhat.com/~mingo/voluntary-preempt/voluntary-preempt-2.6.9-rc1-bk4-Q8
>
> ontop of:
>
> http://redhat.com/~mingo/voluntary-preempt/diff-bk-040828-2.6.8.1.bz2

Here are traces of a 145, 190, and 217 usec latencies in
netif_receive_skb:

http://krustophenia.net/testresults.php?dataset=2.6.9-rc1-Q6#/var/www/2.6.9-rc1-Q6/trace2.txt
http://krustophenia.net/testresults.php?dataset=2.6.9-rc1-Q6#/var/www/2.6.9-rc1-Q6/trace3.txt
http://krustophenia.net/testresults.php?dataset=2.6.9-rc1-Q6#/var/www/2.6.9-rc1-Q6/trace4.txt

Some of these are with ip_conntrack enabled, at the request of another
poster, this does not make much of a difference, it increases the worst
case latency by 20 usec or so.

Also there is the rt_garbage_collect issue, previously reported. I have
not seen this lately but I do not remember seeing that it was fixed.

Lee