Re: The argument for fs assistance in handling archives (was: silentsemantic changes with reiser4)

From: Paul Jakma
Date: Thu Sep 02 2004 - 18:44:59 EST

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004, Jamie Lokier wrote:

Firstly, if I have to do it from a Gnome program, about the only program where looking in a tar file is visibly useful is Nautilus. Ironically, clicking on a tar file in Nautilus doesn't work, despite having a dependency on gnome-vfs2. :/

Do you have file-roller installed?

I can open tar/zip/rar/etc.. files from anywhere in gnome2, eg in Galeon I can click on a tar.gz URL (http or whatever) and have it open it in file-roller, from where i can browse the files to my hearts content.

regards,
--
Paul Jakma paul@xxxxxxxx paul@xxxxxxxxx Key ID: 64A2FF6A
Fortune: