From: Gianni Tedesco
Date: Thu Sep 02 2004 - 21:00:24 EST

On Wed, 2004-09-01 at 17:14 +0100, Jamie Lokier wrote:
> So all I am asking for is a facility to auto-mount with
> file-as-directory, and the ability for a userspace daemon to be
> notified of regular file modifications synchronously. Both can be
> added later, once file-as-directory and moveable mounts are
> established. (fcntl leases and dnotify _almost_ provide this, but
> they don't. Looks like incoherent hacks keep getting added all over
> the place for Samba... :).

How will synchronous file modification notifications be handled?

Programs listening for the notification will want to see the changes
when they read the file but the reason this is synchronous is to prevent
other applications seeing the changes before they are reflected in these
indexing programs etc.. right?

--
// Gianni Tedesco (gianni at scaramanga dot co dot uk)
lynx --source www.scaramanga.co.uk/scaramanga.asc | gpg --import