Re: New proposed DRM interface design

From: Keith Whitwell
Date: Sat Sep 04 2004 - 06:57:24 EST

Christoph Hellwig wrote:
On Sat, Sep 04, 2004 at 12:30:33PM +0100, Keith Whitwell wrote:

So, I've got this file "patch-2.6.8.1.bz2". Lets suppose my older brother comes in & compiles it up for me & I'm now running 2.6.8.1 - it's implausible I know, but let's make it easier for you. Now, why isn't my i915 working?

Because the drm developer took a long time to submit the driver after
is was finished as they develop in a separate CVS tree instead of the kernel
tree.

OK, fair enough. We've been spoilt in the past with "automatic" merges courtesy of some nice LKML types.

But, now I've compiled 2.6.9 or whatever, it's still not working. My brother says he won't come in and do any more work on my computer, so you'll have to help me out from here...

Here's a nickel, buy yourself some supported distribution and talk to their
support people.

Or I could just buy an closed-source card instead.

Keith