Re: Scheduler experiences

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Sun Sep 05 2004 - 07:57:32 EST

DaMouse wrote:
On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 22:37:06 +1000, Nick Piggin <nickpiggin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

DaMouse wrote:

I personally like staircase, i also used to use nicksched but i prefer
staircases simple design and structure. Nicksched was pretty fast but
twiddling around all day with renicing X and now the HT issues are
annoying and staircase has always worked perfectly for me without
flipping fifty switches in the cockpit.

The HT issue should be fixed (I hope).

Why did you have to "twiddle around all day with renicing X"? I realise
you're overstating, but you really should be fine with just setting X
to -10 at startup and be done with it.

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=217543 <-- see here, your
mind makes it real... spooky :)

Thats -mm2 but I can't find patches that fix the HT problems in that
thread, mind pointing them out?

Hmm, OK I'll have another look at it. Thanks.