Re: NVIDIA Driver 1.0-6111 fix

From: J.A. Magallon
Date: Sun Sep 05 2004 - 18:21:35 EST

On 2004.09.05, Horst von Brand wrote:
Lee Revell <rlrevell@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> Tim Fairchild <tim@xxxxxxxxxx> said:

[...]

> > Users don't really care about open and closed source. They just want > > to play quake 3 (etc).

> I have never understood why these people don't just run Windows.

Some run Linux because it _works_, and also want to play.

and why do people think that a fast 3d card is only used to play ?
I'm involved in graphics modelling, 3d simulation, 3d realtime and so on.
Try to run softimage on top of software GL...
Or run a lighting simulation of a building on top of the nv+mesa combo.

--
J.A. Magallon <jamagallon()able!es> \ Software is like sex:
werewolf!able!es \ It's better when it's free