xilinx_sysace

From: Jon Masters
Date: Mon Sep 06 2004 - 09:27:06 EST

Hi there,

I am doing some work on a board port (Xilinx Virtex II Pro 405D
running 2.4.23) which uses the xilinx_sysace driver on a Xilinx Virtex
II Pro system (not the ML300 board - an inhouse custom thing). The
driver comes in several pieces because Xilinx supply a (rather
unpleasant) HAL which Monta's adapter.c driver code wraps to create a
block device.

The driver works fine for me as a read only device but I'm still
seeing occasional hard locks on writes (looks to be something not
getting io_request_lock at the right moment - currently
investigating). They use a kernel thread which just sits and
compensates for the hardware not being able to signal when it is ready
for a new request - and I think there's a race there.

I looked in to this before but got pulled off to look at some other
more pressing bits, and I want to fix this now. Does anyone else have
problems writing with it though? Of the people I have spoken to about
this most seem to just use System ACE as a configuration device but we
use it for configuration, kernel image, userland, system
settings...etc.

Cheers,

Jon.