Re: [cryptoapi/sysfs] display cipher details in sysfs

From: Andreas Happe
Date: Tue Sep 07 2004 - 12:13:23 EST

On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 05:49:14PM +0200, Michal Ludvig wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, Andreas Happe wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 08:49:30PM +0200, Michal Ludvig wrote:
> > > On Wed, 1 Sep 2004, Andreas Happe wrote:
> > BTW: the latest incarnation of the patch uses /sys/class/crypto/<cipher-name>.
>
> Where can I get the updated version?

It's on my home computer (and I'm on vacation quite now ;). will do some additional
testing on friday and will post the patch around the weekend.

It uses class_device (see include/linux/device.h) instead of kobjects.

> This is a compile time thing, e.g. something like:
> .cia_min_keysize = 1,
> .cia_max_keysize = 128
> for variable keysizes, and
> .cia_keysizes = { 128, 192, 256, -1 }
> for discrete keysizes.
> typeof(cia_keysizes) would be "int[]".

can do, but see james morris other patch.

> > Isn't this against the "one value per file" - sysfs rule.
>
> I didn't know about such a rule.

yup, is rather strict.

> Attached is my patch introducing preferences for current cryptoapi. How
> can this be done with the kobject model?

will look into it after I'm home from vacation.

--AndreaS