Re: [patch] voluntary-preempt-2.6.9-rc1-bk12-R6

From: Kevin Hilman
Date: Tue Sep 07 2004 - 23:25:57 EST

I'm running the VP patch on a PII 400MHz to closer approximate an
embedded target. I get a 21ms latency trace during boot which dwarfs
other latencies and prevents me from seeing any of the later latencies
when I'm running my test. The trace (from -R5) is available here:

http://hilman.org/kevin/VP/trace-cond_resched.txt

At first glance, it appears to be the result of an accumulation of
calls to __delay() from the 3c59x vortex driver. Any ideas what's
going on here?

Is there a way to disable the trace by default and enable it later via
/proc? I see that the preemption itself can be disabled via
command-line and then enable later via /proc but I don't see the same
for the latency trace.

Kevin
http://hilman.org/