Re: Generating kernel crash dumps in elf core file format

From: Vivek Goyal
Date: Wed Sep 08 2004 - 04:43:46 EST

Hi Amit,

We are already working in this direction. Kexec based crash dump
approach exports a device interface to read/save the crash dump in elf
core file format and user shall be able to analyze the dumps using gdb.

Initial set of patches were posted by Hari on LKML for review. Please
have a look at following thread.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=109274443023485&w=2

Very soon Hari is going to post the final set of patches to be included
in -mm tree.

Thanks
Vivek