Re: Major XFS problems...

From: Jakob Oestergaard
Date: Wed Sep 08 2004 - 09:47:03 EST

On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 09:07:56AM -0400, Piszcz, Justin Michael wrote:
> This is a very well written+detailed bug report, have you tried writing
> the linux-xfs mailing list?

Thank you :)

No, I did not write the XFS list - but maybe I should...

I purposedly wrote directly to LKML to get the attention of a "broader
audience".

For example, the lowmem OOM problem may not be fixable by the XFS
developers alone (I don't know), and I've heard whisperings about the
debug.c:106 problem being related to knfsd changes in the 2.6 series
(don't know how credible that is either).

So, I thought, maybe if more people were made aware of this, the right
people would have a chance of figuring this out :)

--

/ jakob