Re: What File System supports Application XIP

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Thu Sep 09 2004 - 04:22:18 EST

On Thu, 2004-09-09 at 10:55, colin wrote:
> Hi there,
> We are developing embedded Linux system. Performance is our consideration.
> We hope some applications can run as fast as possible,

well ramfs by definition is XIP :)

but I guess the filesystem comes from flash somewhere at which point
jffs2 with compression might be a better choice; if you have enough ram
then the apps run from the pagecache anyway and compression keeps you
from transfering too much data from the slower flash. It's not XIP but I
don't think you really want XIP...