Re: 2.6.9-rc1-mm4 kjournald oops (repeatable)

From: Bongani Hlope
Date: Thu Sep 09 2004 - 15:18:21 EST

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 16:51:35 -0700 (PDT)
Richard A Nelson <cowboy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, Lee Revell wrote:

8<

> > Hmm, I have been running this patch for weeks as part of the voluntary
> > preemption patches, and put it through every torture test I can think
> > of, with nary an Oops. None of the other VP testers have reported
> > problems either. Maybe this is some interaction between that patch and
> > something else in -mm.
>
> Interestingly, I notice Zwane had a very similiar oops, posted on the
> 7th: Oops in __journal_clean_checkpoint_list
> He also had preempt enabled...
>
> I've found upgrading my Debian system using dselect to be a *very* good
> stress test of the filesystem...
>
> If you have candidates, I'll try to test them - I've typically had no
> problem reproducing the issue :)

Ok it seem I'm not the only one. Ive bee trying to find this for a while. It seems to happen on 2.6.9rc1-mm[24] kernels (I haven't tried mm[13] ). I was only able to capture the Oops this morning (pen and paper) I also have preempt enabled. This only happens on my PII though (Mandrake cooker updates and kernel compiles), my dual opteron has been running this since last night without any problems (gentoo sync and kernel compile), also with preempt