Re: silent semantic changes in reiser4 (brief attempt to documentthe idea ofwhat reiser4 wants to do with metafiles and why

From: Hans Reiser
Date: Fri Sep 10 2004 - 02:26:02 EST

viro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 10:04:38PM -0700, Hans Reiser wrote:

The real question though is: Have you given Al Viro technical answers to his technical questions?

Yes, I did. Got no response.

Liar.

I don't think that "Liar." is an appropriate response. If you sent a response, just quote it.

I must say that your attitude towards persons contributing to Linux (of which this email is the least of it) has over the years lost Linux persons much more talented than yourself. We lost the opportunity to have one of DARPAs hot young security researchers contribute to us because his experience was that Linux maintainers are a collection of assholes hostile to new contributors, and he had too much self respect to deal with the likes of you. He was a very nice and talented young man. Frankly, I look at Linux, and I see all the reasons why I decided not to develop for BSD coming to life in Linux now that Linux is more successful than BSD. Inner circle, hostility to newcomers, patch acceptance based on whose nose is in whose ass, etc., etc.

Hans