Re: [patch] kernel sysfs events layer

From: Tim Hockin
Date: Fri Sep 10 2004 - 19:20:51 EST

On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 04:54:09PM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> To send an event, the user needs to pass the kobject, a optional
> sysfs-attribute and the signal string to the following function:
>
> kobject_uevent(const char *signal,
> struct kobject *kobj,
> struct attribute *attr)

Sorry I missed the flare up of this topic. What about events for which
there is no associated kobject?

why is the kobject argument not first? Seems weird..

What happened to a formatted string argument? The signal argument can
become the pre-formatted string, and someone can provide a wrapper
that takes a printf() like format and args.
kobject_uevent_printf(kobj, "something bad: 0x%08x", err);

Tim