Re: radeon-pre-2

From: Michel Dänzer
Date: Fri Sep 10 2004 - 22:40:36 EST

On Sat, 2004-09-11 at 01:50 +0100, Dave Airlie wrote:

> Alan, I agree with how you want to proceed with this, and keep things
> stable, but anything short of a single card-specific driver looking after
> the registers and DMA queueing and locking is going to have deficiencies
> [...]

You're probably right, but it still doesn't follow that this driver must
include all the fbdev and DRM code as well. Both fbdev and the DRM could
use that driver, e.g., just like ide_cd and ide_disk use the IDE driver.

--
Earthling Michel DÃnzer | Debian (powerpc), X and DRI developer
Libre software enthusiast | http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=daenzer