Re: [patch] kernel sysfs events layer

From: Robert Love
Date: Fri Sep 10 2004 - 23:45:12 EST

On Fri, 2004-09-10 at 18:23 -0700, Daniel Stekloff wrote:

> Not to be cheeky, but cpu "overheating" isn't an error event? <grin>

I think the key importance is event vs. error. E.g., "overheating" is a
state, something that can be handled in user-space. A driver piping out
"error 501" is, well, something different.

Personally, I am not against using kevent for driver events/errors, but
the exact scope needs to be decided by the community. You do need a
kevent, though.

Robert Love