Re: Major XFS problems...

From: Miquel van Smoorenburg
Date: Sat Sep 11 2004 - 09:55:40 EST

In article <20040911133812.GC32755@krispykreme>,
Anton Blanchard <anton@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> In my expierence XFS, was right after JFS the worst and the slowest
>> filesystem ever made.
>
>On our NFS benchmarks JFS is _significantly_ faster than ext3 and
>reiserfs. It depends on your workload but calling JFS the worst and
>slowest filesystem ever made is unfair.

Same goes for XFS. In the application I use it for it is by _far_
the fastest filesystem, whereas reiser is by far the slowest.
ext3 is somewhere in between.

And that's because XFS has extents and does pre-allocation.

Mike.
--
"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes
a revolutionary act." -- George Orwell.