Re: GPL source code for Smart USB 56 modem (includes ALSA AC97patch)

From: SashaK
Date: Sat Sep 11 2004 - 16:20:25 EST

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 20:50:58 +0200 (MEST)
Mikael Pettersson <mikpe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> No, I meant the 'slamr' kernel driver module, which is
> built from a big binary-only library (amrlibs.o) and
> a small amount of kernel glue source code. As long as
> amrlibs.o is distributed only as a 32-bit x86 binary,
> I won't be able to use it with a 64-bit amd64 kernel.

This is exactly that was discussed - 'slamr' is going to be replaced by
ALSA drivers. I don't know which modem you have, but recent ALSA
driver (CVS version) already supports ICH, SiS, NForce (snd-intel8x0m),
ATI IXP (snd-atiixp-modem) and VIA (snd-via82xx-modem) AC97 modems.

Sasha.