Merging swsusp

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Sun Sep 12 2004 - 16:03:19 EST

Hi!

Configuration of my provider changed and now I'm in blacklist. Anyway,
it looks like swsusp2 is closer to merge...

<ncunningham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>: host linuxmail-org.mr.outblaze.com[205.158.62.52]
said: 554 EMail from mailserver at 160.218.40.135 is refused. See
http://spamblock.outblaze.com/160.218.40.135 (in reply to RCPT TO command)

Hi!

> At long last I'm approaching readiness for merging. I have a patch still
> to apply to this tree and some functional rearrangement of patches to
> do, but I've got the following at the moment. Is it the sort of thing
> you want to see? I plan to submit the patches in groups:
>
> 1. Little patches that pass on fixes submitted by various people (giving
> credit of course): ati-agp, ne2k, ali5451, alps for example.
> 2. Refrigerator improvements (workthreads, refrigerator proper,
> proccess.c replacement).
> 3. New exports for building suspend as modules.
> 4. Nosave improvements in mm init.
> 5. New code to disable mce, slab reap, oom killer etc while suspending
> (things the mess up a two-step image save/restore or should otherwise be
> put on ice) and to add hooks for suspend.
> 6. Arch specific lowlevel code (currently mac/ppc and x86. x86_64 to
> follow shortly).
> 7. Always-built-in suspend code.
> 8. Suspend core module.
> 9. Suspend user interface modules.
> 10. Suspend compression modules (encryption also planned).
> 11. Suspend image writer modules (generic file writer planned).
> 12. Documentation patches.

Looks good.

> I'm sure that there will be plenty of suggestions as to how I can do
> things better, so I'm not deluding myself into thinking this will all be
> accepted immediately. Nevertheless, I want to get your initial thoughts.
> By the way, will this be too many/too large to post to LKML as well?

I believe it should be okay on linux-kernel. Individual patches are
quite small.
Pavel

----- End forwarded message -----