Re: [ck] Re: 2.6.8.1-ck7, Two Badnessess, one dump.

From: Con Kolivas
Date: Sun Sep 12 2004 - 22:53:50 EST

Joshua Schmidlkofer wrote:
I upgraded from 2.6.8.1-ck5.

First off - this has been a landmark improvement for me. Running an "emerge -a world" on my system has gone from a matter of minutes to a matter of seconds.

The performance has been !outstanding!. [Disclosure: Using NVIDIA Binary Drivers]

Great to hear. Thanks for feedback.

Not sure about the xfs one... perhaps it's related to the cfq one.

Badness in cfq_sort_rr_list at drivers/block/cfq-iosched.c:428

Known issue. There is a fix posted already in my ckdev directory (as posted by Jens Axboe). The stack dump, while annoying and causes a stall for a couple of seconds I believe, is harmless. Please apply the cfq2 fix in my ckdev directory for this to go away.

http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/2.6/2.6.8.1/2.6.8.1-ckdev/

Cheers,
Con