Re: 2.6.9-rc1-mm4 sparc reiser4 build broken - undefined atomic_sub_and_test

From: William Lee Irwin III
Date: Mon Sep 13 2004 - 21:26:16 EST

On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 09:19:36PM +0400, Alex Zarochentsev wrote:
> I do not, Hans will ;-)
> I just like to know what atomic.h common functions would be in 2.6.9+,
> because nowdays the API is not consisent accross the arches.
> atomic_sub_return() is OK.

sparc32 is very legacy; in a quick IRC poll of sparc32 users there was
approximately zero interest in new filesystems and most users used nfs
and/or ext[23]. One should note that as these cpus are very slow and
the systems have very little RAM compared to modern ones, kernel memory
footprint and the cpu complexity of fs operations for small fs's is of
high importance. I really don't expect reiser4 to ever be runtime
tested on sparc32. UltraSPARC is another matter entirely.

-- wli