Re: 2.6.9-rc1-mm5

From: David Howells
Date: Tue Sep 14 2004 - 08:33:42 EST

> > Correct solution is to put both structs into proper namespaces by
> > prefixing them.
>
> struct key was pretty dumb of both of you, but reiserfs was dumb first.

Well, I argue that it wasn't that dumb - in this case it's meant to be a
generic mechanism usable by everything in the kernel or userspace that needs
authentication, authorisation, or crypto tokens. I use EXT3 rather than
ReiserFS, so it didn't become an issue.

> David, what do you want it renamed to?

key_struct? token? key_token?

Possibly ticket or principal, though they make it sound like it's specifically
for Kerberos, so perhaps not.

What I need is a thesaurus.

JamesM: any good suggestion as to a name?

David