Re: HP/Compaq (Winbond) SD/MMC reader supported

From: Pierre Ossman
Date: Tue Sep 14 2004 - 10:22:56 EST

Pavel Machek wrote:

Hmm, if I disable the check (and make id 0xf00 valid), it will freeze
my machine during boot :-(. Where did you get documentation for this
beast?

Is the 0xf00 id the only one you get? If it is a SuperIO chip then resetting it will probably cause all sorts of funky problems.
Do you know what SuperIO is used in the machine? And have you tried confirming that the card reader is indeed winbond? The easiest way to do that is to see if the Windows driver is wbsd.sys.

The documentation was given to me by one of Winbond's resellers (after a lot of begging and whining). It only includes documentation for one chip and the ID specified in it is not even the same as reported by the chip the spec is supposed to be for. Winbond is definitely not on my recommended vendors list.

Rgds
Pierre