Re: [patch] kernel sysfs events layer

From: Robert Love
Date: Tue Sep 14 2004 - 21:12:41 EST

On Tue, 2004-09-14 at 18:11 -0700, Tim Hockin wrote:

Hey, Tim.

> I don't have any concrete examples right now, but it seems that this is
> being locked down pretty tightly for no real reason...
>
> Just a passing thought.

I am fearful of the overly strict lock down, too. I mean, we already
ditched the entire payload.

But so long as you can always add a new action, what complaint do you
have? In other words, all this does is force the use of the enum, which
ensures that we try to reuse existing actions, prevent typos, and so on.

Cool?

Robert Love