Re: 2.6.9-rc2 and Hyperthreading. (SMT)

From: Troy McFerrron
Date: Wed Sep 15 2004 - 01:12:52 EST

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 11:11:14 +1000, Darren Williams
<dsw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Sep 2004, hotdog day wrote:
>
> > Does anyone have any other suggestions on this issue? I know others
> > who are experincing the same thing.
> >

> > On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 00:40:57 -0500, hotdog day <hotdogday@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Actually, it just hardlocked again. Is there anything else that could
> > > be done, or am I stuck without SMP?

> I have tested 2.6.9-rc2 on a 3.0 Ghz HT and all seams OK, results of LTP
> message, and meminfo at:
> http://quasar.cse.unsw.edu.au/~dsw/public-files/x86
>
> Not extensive though no lockups and left running overnight.

> I'll try this tonight.

> > -
> Darren Williams <dsw AT gelato.unsw.edu.au>
> Gelato@UNSW <www.gelato.unsw.edu.au>

Well, I took your suggestion Nick. I cnanot recreate the lockup when I
am not running X. It happens with both the fglrx module AND the radeon
module.

Darren, could you send me your kernel .config so I can do a diff and
see what you might be doing differently?

--
Troy McFerron
Kernel Ricer and Linux Hobbyist Extrodinaire.