kexec based crash dumping

From: Hariprasad Nellitheertha
Date: Wed Sep 15 2004 - 07:53:00 EST

Hi Andrew,

The patches that follow contain the kexec based crash dumping implementation.
Based on feedback received last time, we have made several changes. Some of
them are:

- The dumping kernel now boots from a non-default location. This is possible
due to Eric's patch which allows i386 kernels to boot from a non-default
location. This change means that we need two different kernels to get this
setup. The documentation patch has complete details on how to do this.
- We can now choose whether or not to dump from panic. The documentation
patch has details on this as well.
- The linear view is now called oldmem.
- Changes as per the code review comments from the previous posting.

The patches correspond to 2.6.9-rc1-mm5.

Kindly review these patches and let me know your thoughts.

Regards, Hari
--
Hariprasad Nellitheertha
Linux Technology Center