Re: [sata] new libata-dev-2.6 queue created (AHCI, SATA bridges)

From: Andre Tomt
Date: Wed Sep 15 2004 - 18:29:04 EST

Jeff Garzik wrote:

I have updated my SATA status page to reflect these updates:
http://linux.yyz.us/sata/sata-status.html

Good stuff :-)

Is there any news on Marvell progress? I'll get my hands dirty on a shipment with servers using the chips on friday, I may be able to sneak in some testing before deployment (they will be rewired to use ICH5-R for now)

Hmm, I wonder if there is any AHCI PCI(-X/E) plug-in boards planned. That would be nice indeed. Seems like SATAII-like features on PCI-boards are bound to Marvell or hardware RAID cards like 3ware 9xxx or newer LSI MegaRAID currently.