Re: snull_load insmod: unresolved symbol

From: Donald Duckie
Date: Thu Sep 16 2004 - 00:56:45 EST

hi!

now, i am quite confused with what was informed
because it seems that it is none from those.

here is what was done:
i compiled the snull source file on 2.4.18-sh which i
got from
http://www.oreilly.com.tw/editor_column/a138_read.html.
it was mentioned in that site that snull was compiled
with 2.4.24.

anyway, compilation with 2.4.18-sh was successful,
but upon running insmod on 2.4.18-sh, i got those
unresolved errors.

any help/information are very much welcome.

i have some questions though (i am not quite familiar
with the workarounds of linux):

(1) what does it mean if the functions cannot be
found on /proc/ksyms? almost all but the "insmod:
unresolved symbol jiffies_R0da02d67" are not defined
in that file.

(2) i am cross-compiling. i also tried running "depmod
-a" prior to compilation, but depmod wrote into
/lib/modules/2.4.24, instead of
/lib/modules/2.4.18-sh. both directories exists.
do i really need to run depmod? how will i made it
update the /lib/modules/2.4.18-sh directory instead of
the /lib/modules/2.4.24 directory?

(3) and what is meant by "i need to determine which is
the case/problem and change some part of that config."
which/what config should i change?

i am waiting for your good insights . . .
thank you very much.