Re: Suspend2 Merge: e820 table support.

From: Nigel Cunningham
Date: Thu Sep 16 2004 - 06:27:11 EST

Hi.

On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 21:14, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Please, do not put ifdefs around #includes and statements like

Ah. Sorry. Will correct.

> ClearPageNosave. (And is it neccessary at all? I'd just say that all
> pages that are Reserved are Nosave automatically.)

Hmm. Long time since I thought about that. I'll check.

> > +#ifdef CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND2
> > + /*
> > + * Mark nosave pages
> > + */
> > + if (addr >= (void *)&__nosave_begin && addr < (void *)&__nosave_end)
> > + SetPageNosave(mem_map+tmp);
> > + } else
> > + /*
> > + * Non-RAM pages are always nosave
> > + */
> > + SetPageNosave(mem_map+tmp);
> > +#else
> > + }
> > +#endif
> > + }
>
> Current -mm code does something funny with Nosave; I'm not sure it
> will not try to free them after resume. I have fix in my tree but it
> is little tested.

Double negative: you think current mm may try to free Nosave pages after
resume? I haven't updated to the latest -mm yet, but will see if I can
try tomorrow.

Thanks for the feedback.

Nigel
--
Nigel Cunningham
Pastoral Worker

Many today claim to be tolerant. True tolerance, however, can cope with others
being intolerant.