Re: PATCH: tty drivers take two

From: Paul Fulghum
Date: Thu Sep 16 2004 - 10:24:02 EST

On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 09:30, Alan Cox wrote:
> - Switch rocket to tty_wakeup()
> - Switch mxser to ldisc/tty_wakeup()
> - Fix moxa to ldisc/tty_wakeup()
> - Fix riscom8 to ldisc/tty_wakeup
> - Amiserial to ldisc/tty_wakeup

Alan:

I was applying the ldisc changes
to the synclink drivers and had a question
regarding the tty_wakeup() helper.

>From what I see, all drivers who call tty_wakeup()
also do wake_up_interruptible(&tty->write_wait);
at the same time.

Would it be reasonable to add that to the
helper and remove it from the individual drivers.

In my first pass on the synclink drivers (before
I saw the new tty_wakeup helper), I created
a write_wakeup wrapper that does the same thing
as tty_wakeup but also moved
wake_up_interruptible(&tty->write_wait);
into the wrapper. This works for me.

--
Paul Fulghum
paulkf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx