Re: very strange issues on x86-64 with console switching

From: Rafael J. Wysocki
Date: Thu Sep 16 2004 - 15:59:14 EST

On Thursday 16 of September 2004 21:30, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > I do not understand what went wrong, but (after swsusp?) I now can
> > only console switch once. After console switch "alt" key is forgotten
> > and I have to release it and press it again if I want to switch to
> > other console... Strange.
>
> Okay, it happens on fresh boot, too. Only remotely strange thing I'm
> doing here is load of keymap that swaps ctrl and capslock. Linux
> 2.6.9-rc1-mm5. Problem is there only in 64-bit mode.

It didn't happen to me, but on 2.6.9-rc1-mm5 I had the problem that
Ctrl+Alt+Del apparently did not work after "init 5" and Ctrl+Alt+F[1-9].
Whatever I did, I couldn't reboot the machine this way from any console (of
course 'reboot" worked as usual).

Now I'm running 2.6.9-rc2-mm1 and it works as expected (w.r.t. Ctrl+Alt+Del at
least), so I'd suggest you to try this one.

Greets,
RJW

--
- Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?
- That depends a good deal on where you want to get to.