Re: tmpfs in latest BK

From: Hugh Dickins
Date: Thu Sep 16 2004 - 18:40:25 EST

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004, Anton Blanchard wrote:

> I just gave BK a try on my ppc32 laptop and tmpfs looks to be playing up:
>
> # mount -t tmpfs none /mnt
> # ls /mnt
> ls: mnt: Not a directory

Bizarre.
You think you've caught me indulging in silent semantic changes?

> Does this ring any bells? :)

It's alarming, but I don't recognize the bells.
I blame the removal of SLAB_HWCACHE_ALIGN, that I copied from you ;)

Seriously, it's fine for me on i386, has been in -mm for ten days,
and I don't see what's architecture dependent about the changes.

Nothing springs to my mind: may I ask you (or any others who find the
same?) to delve into it? If I have any ideas later on, I'll mail again.

Thanks - and sorry for this late and unhelpful response,
Hugh