Keyboard problem with 2.6.9-rc* and X

From: Meelis Roos
Date: Fri Sep 17 2004 - 04:08:02 EST

I'm running up to date Debian unstable and BK kernels (one or two
updates a week) on an x86 (i815 chipset), ps2 keyboard, usb mouse.

Somewhere after 2.6.8 a keyboard problem appeared. After boot, kdm
starts X and the keyboard is dead in X (even no Ctrl-Alt-F1 for console
switching). Keyboard works fine on console before X startup. The mouse
still works even in X, I can select console login from kdm menu, X is
stopped, the keyboard works again on the console so I can log in as root
and restart kdm - this time the keyboard works too. This is 100%
reproducible.

This might also be an X problem (recently X server was updated too).

--
Meelis Roos (mroos@xxxxxxxx)