Re: open source realtek driver for 8180

From: Marcelo Tosatti
Date: Fri Sep 17 2004 - 20:55:30 EST

In my experience the realtek binary driver is crap - it brings up the card
and transfers data correctly - but stops communication after some period of time,
sometimes 10 minutes, sometimes 1 hour.

It oopses on card removal, doenst handle anything other than normal
operation for more than 1 hour.

On RH's 2.4.20-8, all of that.