Re: IDE: pdc202xx_new on Asus A7V333?

From: Andre Tomt
Date: Sat Sep 18 2004 - 16:30:42 EST

Mårten Berggren wrote:
Hi,

I have been trying to get pdc202xx_new working (in 2.4.27) on my
Asus A7V333 motherboard (with VIA KT333 and a PDC20276). Loading
it as a module with modprobe gives me the following entires in the
syslog:
<snip>
which gives me the impression that the module has loaded ok, but there
is no matching entries in /proc/ide and pdcraid does not find it.
So is there any way to tell if it is working or not? (Should there
be an entry in /proc/ide?)

If it's a so-called "raid" version of the PDC, you may need to enable CONFIG_PDC202XX_FORCE, as the firmware "hides" the drives.