init_tss problem

From: Cyril Wattebled
Date: Sat Sep 18 2004 - 18:05:35 EST

Hi,
I'm trying to understand some piece of kernel code and I've come to this :
In arch/i386/kernel/process.c:
struct tss_struct *tss = &per_cpu(init_tss, cpu);
I don't know what init_tss is.
It's defined in asm/processor.h with the macro DEFINE_PER_CPU (tss_struct, init_tss)
which basically does extern tss_struct init_tss.
But this init_tss has to be declared somewhere to be used as extern ...
I've searched the entire code for any reference to it but I only found it in
arch/x86_64/kernel/init_task.c which is normaly not compiled on my system.
I'm in a dead end ... anyone .. help ?
Thanks
--
Cyril Wattebled