RE: [Patch][RFC] conflicting device major numbers in devices.txt

From: Cagle, John
Date: Sat Sep 18 2004 - 18:18:14 EST

<snip>

Christian,

Good catch. The patch that originally corrected this (which is
contained within the bitkeeper patch you can view at
http://tinyurl.com/34zoy ) never made it to LANANA, so the
correction of dasd from 95 to 94 was never in our repository.
The recent update of devices.txt into the 2.5 kernel came from
our repository so it contains the same error.

I'm copying David Woodhouse and the Linux-MTD project who (I
think) are the maintainers of the inftl driver. Hopefully, they
will be kind enough to accept a new block major for the inftl
driver. If not, there's probably little chance of device conflict
in real-world use, since intftl is for embedded systems which
probably will not be attached to S/390 storage devices.

Torben -- please correct this in devices.txt and find a new block
major for the Linux-MTD project (if they will accept it).

Thanks,
John Cagle
(former LANANA maintainer)