[sata] ALI M5281

From: Shine on this Life That's Burnin' Out
Date: Tue Sep 21 2004 - 04:52:44 EST

(blatant disregard of FAQ which suggests newsgroups, don't LART me please)

Has anyone been able to wrestle specs out of ALI for this device? It's
starting to become somewhat popular from a number of mobo manufacturers
(like Soyo). =/ It seems to be the 4th most prevalent PCI-bus based
controller after Silicon Image, Highpoint, and Promise. =/

Even some sort of semi-functional code would be nice. (Reminds me of
my attempts to forward-port old korean package for Aralion UltimaRAID
systems. Works in later 2.4's but dies on 2.6 =( )

Was ALI good about specs for their old M15x3 series?

-----
James Sellman -- ISU CoE-CS/ISLUG Linux/VLSI Admin |"Lum, did you just see